March is already upon us, with its fluctuating weather and promise of flowers and spring to come! March lives in my head as this beautiful, peaceful month of new foliage peeking out along with little spring flowers. A month of wind and gardens to be planted. A month of sunshine tossed with splattering rain and a little wind…but a good month full of shining new possibilities just as spring is beginning to emerge!
This month we are celebrating:
- March 1st- The Feast of St. David
- March 19th- Spring
- March 25th – The Feast of the Annuciation, which we will celebrate at church
- March 30th- The Feast of St. Innocent of Alaska
What I am loving right now:
- Sunny skies peeking through
- The promise of spring break coming!
- Great friends and coffee dates
- Learning new things
- Creating art
Homeschooling is going strong! Our oldest is in the home stretch of senior year as we finish up microeconomics at home and head towards graduation. We should have a college decisision soon! Our middle child is at a wonderful hybrid high school, and our youngest is still fully immersed in fourth grade at home. It’s an exciting time with many changes ahead!
I find March can be an incredible month to re-read some of our favorite parenting books! Some of my personal favorites are:
- The 5 Love Languages of Children: The Secret to Loving Children Effectively – Gary Chapman
- Playful Parenting -Lawrence Cohen
- Simplicity Parenting – Kim John Payne
- Mitten Strings for God: Reflections for Mothers in a Hurry – Katrina Kenison
Please leave a comment and share your favorite parenting books!
How is your March?