Eastertide is such a joyous time – in the Northern Hemisphere, spring is beginning, and the season of Eastertide runs all the way from Easter Day until Pentecost on May 20. I think of Eastertide as a time to remember that play and joy are such an important part of being human. So, without further ado, here are 50 ways to make Eastertide memorable:
- Dye eggs and try your hand at some spring crafts
- Visit a sheep farm where the sheep are being shorn and then wash, card, and dye some fleece.
- Make projects having to do with sheep – I have an entire Pinterest board devoted to to wool and knitting here
- Spring clean your house (deep clean)
- Get rid of things you no longer use; paring down in the spring feels so good!
- Re-vamp your diet to include even more fruits and vegetables and meatless meals.
- Take great care of your skin
- Cleanse your rhythm from things outside the home that are no longer serving you or your family
- Look at our bee and butterfly friends in the garden, in books, and in crafts. There are some ideas on my spring Pinterest board
- Clear your life from people who bring you negative energy
- Make time to spend with those you love and trust – family and friends
- Think carefully about new endeavors. What are you growing for this season?
- Find a wonderful new book to read!
- Go hiking.
- Go camping. If your spouse doesn’t like to camp, gather a moms and childrens group to go.
- Spend time in nature every day.
- Add some puppetry to your life
- Try journaling 50 days of gratitude
- Change your priorities so you have time for self-care.
- Slow down and rest
- Learn some beautiful new songs for spring for circle time or to sing as a family
- Carefully investigate your spiritual path and find a way to deepen your inner work
- Go easy on yourself and give yourself space
- Find an app to help you meditate or visualize
- Go swimming
- Get a massage or sit in a sauna.
- Spend time with animals.
- Get to know your local farmers and enjoy local foods.
- Create art
- Plan ahead…or not. Whichever brings you joy in your homeschooling! Here is some inspiration for planning high school and here is some inspiration for planning the grades. Also, here is a whole Pinterest board devoted to the Early Years
- Learn some new Waldorf verses
- Pick fruit
- Plant a garden
- Create something beautiful for your outdoor space
- Plan new adventures in travel –
- Have a May Day festival shared with friends
- Plan for Ascension Day
- Plan for Pentecost through these musings
- Make some rock art
- Create, cook, and sing for Pentecost
- If you celebrate Pentecost as a family, consider a gathering for Pentecost
- Encourage someone or become someone’s mentor.
- Drink more water
- Set up a new exercise plan
- Catch up on your doctor and dentist appointments
- Take naps
- Walk in nature
- Watch a sunrise
- Go slow and enjoy spending time with your children. If you are homeschooling, less books and more play.
- Have a picnic
Pingback: Eastertide Joy In The Home | The Parenting Passageway