The second week of Advent is upon us already! Here is the verse attributed to Rudolf Steiner that goes with the second week:
“The second light of Advent is the light of plants–
Plants that reach up to the sun and in the breezes dance.”
Here are a few fast ideas regarding the second week of Advent:
- Here is a link from the Waldorf Newsletter Clearing House that contains an Advent Poem and an Advent story of “The Little Christmas Rose” : http://www.waldorflibrary.org/Clearing%20House/Fall%201981b.pdf
- This is a week many families obtain their Christmas tree if this is part of your tradition.
- This week is Saint Nicholas Day. To learn more about St. Nicholas, you can see this post I wrote last year: https://theparentingpassageway.com/2009/11/26/saint-nicholas-day-in-the-waldorf-home/. Here is a Saint Nicholas story from over at The Baldwin Project: http://www.mainlesson.com/display.php?author=pyle&book=wonder&story=gifts and another one here: http://www.mainlesson.com/display.php?author=olcott&book=holidays&story=purses/ Here is the chapter about “The Dutch Twins” celebrating Saint Nicholas Day: http://www.mainlesson.com/display.php?author=perkins&book=dutch&story=skates
- This could be a wonderful week to hang greenery in your home and outside.
- Jodie Mesler of Home Music Making has modified the tune and lyrics of “The Holly and the Ivy” in order to have it resound with the beauty of nature: http://homemusicmaking.blogspot.com/2010/11/advent-song-3.html
- This may be a lovely week to make some natural garland for your Christmas tree or to hang somewhere inside your home.
Many blessings for a lovely week,