I just wanted to thank all of you who have been so supportive of my recent postings on children who have challenges in the realm of sensory modulation, and also regarding my postings on our twelve senses. This work is really important to me as a physical therapist and in how I see the generation of children coming up now who are really struggling in these areas.
Many parents are looking for resources that could be helpful in real life for their children with sensory challenges, children who have been diagnosed along the autistic spectrum, or children who are facing other challenges that are deemed “medical” but as we know from a holistic perspective involve the whole being.
Here are some resources I have been gathering since the workshop I attended on the twelve senses:
- First of all, PAAM, the physicians’ association for anthroposophic medicine could be helpful: http://www.paam.net/ There is a listing of physicians by state and country here: http://www.paam.net/find-a-physician.html. There is also a link to the AnthroMed Library, which has articles for parents on it: http://www.anthromed.org/
- If you are in the United Kingdom, this link may be helpful to you: http://www.ahasc.org.uk/health/anthroposophic-healthcare.aspx
- This is the website for anthroposophic physicians internationally: http://www.ivaa.info/
- There is also the Anthroposophic Medicine section of the School of Spiritual Science in Switzerland: http://www.medsektion-goetheanum.org/en/home/
- Here is a link for AAMTA, the association for rhythmic massage therapists, nurses, movement therapists and art therapists, could be a helpful place for some of you to start: http://anthroposophicmedicine.wordpress.com/
- This is the association for curative eurythmy: http://www.therapeuticeurythmy.org/ There is a directory available on this website as well.
- And for the listing for those trained in spacial dynamics see this website here: http://www.spacialdynamics.com/english/ and the direct link of practitioners by country here: http://www.spacialdynamics.com/english/directory.shtml
- This is the Association for Healing Education’s website and it provides information and many practical articles about The Extra Lesson, found in Waldorf schools to provide remedial support: http://www.healingeducation.org/strengthening.htm
- Here is the website for the International Extra Lesson Association. This link will take you to the page for parents: http://www.extralesson.com/parents.html. Here is a listing for practitioners in Australia, New Zealand and India: http://www.extralesson.com/practitioners.html
- This is information for Connie Helms, an Extra Lesson teacher: http://balanceinchildhood.com/index.html. She was one of the only teachers I could find with a dedicated website. If you know of others, please do link below.
I hope this is helpful to someone!