I have been tossing around some ideas for field trips for Waldorf Third Grade. Perhaps my list will spark some of your own ideas for your family!
- Obviously, working on farms if that is possible is a biggie. The point with farming is not so much to visit farms but to WORK on them, to have that experience of building the will when you must do something and see it to the end. So, that is not so much a field trip but an experience to plan…
- But, for field trips involving farming, I have also been thinking of orchards, cow dairy farms and goat diary farms, beekeeping operations
- State Agricultural fairs
- Native American pow-wows or visits to Native American reservations
- Perhaps a visit to one of those museums where the people dress up and re-enact how things were done in pioneer days
- Visits to a working quarry, building sites
- Visit to see wildlife rehabilitator who deals with injured owls, birds or a visit to a falconer (it seems as if someone I know was telling me they had a family member who was a falconer, if only I could remember who that was!)
- Thrift shop/fabric store during textile block
- Sheep shearing to washing to dyeing to making yarn
What experiences or trips are you planning for Third Grade?